Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blake, Kaitlyn and Baleigh

Blake - had a small surgery to take out the infected tube where he gets his dialysis. 
I was already in the day surgery volunteering on Monday so I was able to pray with
Blake before surgery.  I am not sure what # this make for surgeries for Blake but I know
he has more than his share.  I saw the love from his mom and dad and the hint of fear in Blake.

Surgery went well and when he got in his room later that day I stopped by to see him.  He was sleeping
peacefully and his parents had a few minutes to get some rest. 

Blake needs a kidney.  We are believing he will receive one soon!  He is 17 yrs old and deserves to
live a normal life.  He goes to dialysis 3 times a week and is in and out of the hospital way too often!


Kaitlyn - I stopped by to see her Monday when I finished volunteering.  Oh she look so good!  She was
feeling so much better!  You always can tell someone is feeling better when the blinds on their door to their room are open.  Her teacher from Children's was there helping her with her school work so I think she was grateful for the break.  My friend Stephanie Hegar (also a Creating Heartstringer) brought me a bunch of bags of candy she made up and some Halloween things like Pumpkin Peeps, Pumpkin decorating kits and etc.

She has such a bubbly personality it's almost infectious!  So when she is down it's so hard to see because you know she is truly sick.

I asked Kaitlyn if she wanted me to get some things out for her two younger siblings... She said nah... it was kinda funny and the teacher and I laughed.  She did take something for her cousin who was coming to visit though :) .  Oh and Stephanie donated some great rings... I end up giving her 2 each time I come because it just makes her light up! 

Praying for total healing for Kaitlyn!  Chemo and rradiation is hard on her body. 

Baleigh -  I believe in my last post I mentioned she got to go home!  Right now she is still there but today she gave her mom a scare.  Her feet were turning blue and she was fussy.  She has had several open heart surgeries and Courtney (her mom) has been told she needs a heart transplant sometime in the future.

Let's pray  nothing is wrong with her heart and the blue feet was just non serious.  They have so enjoyed being home!

No comments:

Post a Comment